Skip to main content

3 Proven Benefits of Green Tea

Green tea has been used for its numerous health benefits for centuries. Green tea is made from Camellia sinensis leaves and is mainly produced in China and Japan. Drinking more green tea can effectively improve health. It's traditionally used in China for treating many diseases (from headaches to depression).

Green Tea

3 Proven Benefits of Green Tea:

Green Tea Helps in Weight Loss:

According to studies, green tea may help in weight loss by increasing body metabolism. Catechin in green tea helps in breaking down fats. It burns body fats by increasing fat oxidation to 17%. It's good for losing abdominal fat.

The best times for drinking green tea to lose weight are in the morning around 10-11 a.m. or in between meal timings (2 hours before or after eating the meal) or early at night. It's advisable to drink Matcha green tea in order to lose weight or any good quality green tea for a better result.

There are also different ways to help with weight loss. You can check it in the post; '7 Best Weight Loss Tips'.

Green Tea Lowers Risk of Heart Disease:

It lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease. Those who drink green tea on a regular basis can have a 31% reduction in the chances of heart disease. Bad cholesterol can seriously affect the heart. Green tea improves good cholesterol levels in the body and helps maintain good to bad cholesterol ratio. 

Green tea breaks up plagues that without breaking could block the blood vessels. According to research, those who drink green tea have better blood vessel function just after half an hour. It may also improve arteries' health.

For more detail, you can check the post; 'Green Tea Compound May Protect Heart Health'.

Green Tea Improves Overall Health:

Green tea contains a bioactive compound that may help in improving overall health. It's enriched in nutrition and loaded with antioxidants that are healthy for the body. According to the studies, green tea may help patients having type 2 diabetes. 

Green tea may aid in improving brain function. L-theanine works for people having anxiety or depression. The combination of caffeine and L-theanine results in improved brain function. It doesn't contain a higher amount of caffeine than coffee so it has a milder effect. Also, for improved mental health, learn more about; '7 Mental Health Tips That are Approved by Therapists'.

An antioxidant in green tea may help to protect from cancer (Breast, prostate or colorectal) and from anti-ageing. According to a Chinese study, it may increase life for the people who drink it daily. Green tea contains Epigallocatechin Gallate that could treat various diseases. It can reduce high blood pressure, treat infections and prevent tooth decay.

Green Tea Per Day:

If consumed in the right quantity, green tea has so many health benefits. Drinking too much green tea is also not advisable. When you drink a lot of green tea then you also take in a lot of caffeine that is not recommended. 2 cups of green tea per day are good for health. For weight loss, 5-6 cups are enough but drinking more than 2 cups could result in miscarriages and other diseases. 

Disclaimer:

Every human is different. It's not 100% guaranteed that every product suits everyone or that everyone has similar treatment results. So for applying anything on the skin first do a patch test on the wrist, especially for people with sensitive skin. Only carry on with the product when there are no side effects of it. Don't take any supplements without reading the information on the leaflet or without consulting a doctor.

Related posts:


Are you on Pinterest? I have a board on  'Beauty & Health Tips' that you may like. For updates, you can check my Facebook page 'Health & Beauty Tips'. 

https://smeh-beautytips.blogspot.com
This content is copyright protected.

Pin It;

Green TeaGreen Tea

Comments

  1. Yesss! I love green tea because it has been popular in helping with weight loss, and it tastes good too. Thank you for sharing the other benefits too! ~ Ola @ WanderWithOla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What green tea brand do you recommend? So far, all the green teas I have tried taste so bitter. Or I'm not doing the tea making process right?

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love green tea. I have been taking it for years, and it has had a tremendous effect on my health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love green tea. I know it might be good for health for me the main benefit is that it is delicious! taste have it all for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have my cup of green tea every day. It's so soothing and definitely has calming qualities. Did not know about weight loss - now I love it even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commend green tea for good skin! I personally drink green tea and also use green tea infused skincare products. It works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green tea is great. We have a lot around the house because my husband is supposed to be drinking it for health reasons as well. I didn't think about the weight loss issues! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved green tea and other teas to soothe and calm my nerves after a hectic day. Thanks for this reminder! I now want to have a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green tea is certainly powerful! Sadly I just cannot stand the taste, AT ALL !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always liked green tea. I really need to have it more often. I like it chilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that green tea is good for the heart. I need to make some ice tea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. green tea is my favorite i guess it has more than 3 Proven Benefits

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love love love green tea. I also feel like it does a really good job of calming me down as well. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love drinking tea, but I've never been too much into drinknig green tea. Knowing its beneficial influence on our body, I'll change my attitude for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Green tea is amazing isn't it! I can't believe how beneficial it is for people, I fancy a cup right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had been reading so many good reviews about Green Tea. I will have to make it a habit of drinking it often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Green tea is the only tea I will drink anymore. It is so delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I drink green tea every single morning. It is a must for me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I'm now convinced that green tea is something I need to start embracing. I'm going to see which brand is right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like both green tea and oolong. It's interesting to know that there's an upper limit on green tea. I know I've had 10 or more cups in a day. I'd rather have it then water some days.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are so many green tea lovers, specially when it's sweetened. You can reap off the benefits and stay relaxed at the same time. One of my favorite drinks

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love drinking green tea when I was in Japan it is regular routine. No I am not following that I need to start again. Thanks for sharing these good info about green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Green tea is amazing. I've started drinking it since last year when I read different reviews about its benefits.
    Thanks for sharing! - Paolo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I should really drink more green tea and maybe cut down on coffee a bit. I'll try!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Green tea may be good for health but honestly I drink it because I like the taste. It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love green tea. Especially with fresh lemon. I drink at least a cup almost everyday. Glad to know its good for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a big fan of green tea! I drink it almost every day so it's good to know it's a good choice

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't say that I have ever had green tea! I've heard so many great things about it, though, so I will definitely have to get out of my routine of drinking coffee and try a cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know Green Tea helps out with some many different things. My daughter is a big fan of green tea and I know it would be good to have it at home as it would be helpful to me and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What about green tea cold? Does it have the same great benefits?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your points are really good here. Green tea is about 30 percent polyphenols by weight, including large amounts of a catechin called EGCG. Catechins are natural antioxidants that help prevent cell damage and provide other benefits. These substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I will have to start Green Tea. I don't take it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I didn't drink tea in ages! I sort of miss it! I used to love Green tea! I need to get back at using it since it has so many benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE Me some green tea!! I need to add this to my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I wasn't aware it could help with weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I knew Green tea is considered super food but i honestly had no idea what it does really. This is amazing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. When I was studying in Japan, I started to drink green tea and love it. It is full of antioxidant and great for health. It also helps to wake up up too.

    ReplyDelete
  37. It is interesting to see all these benefits of using green tea. I am not a tea drinker myself but my only concern is around the side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Green tea is a superfood! I love sharing a cup with friends and family. Nice to see this article that is further promoting its benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Excellent information about using green tea to promote health!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm not a fan of Green Tea but lots of people suggest it for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love green tea. I drink it to help with weightloss and use some to make a homemade toner for my face.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I don't drink green tea because I don't like the taste but I really want to wait because of the good benefits to our health.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am not regular green tea drinker but it is known for its amazing benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have read in lots of articles that green tea is really healthy for you, its something I don't drink often but reading about all the benefits may be I should.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you so much for the best information. It was really good to know about Korean Rhinoplasty. I have read a few similar blogs related to this and found it really good which would help you get to know more improve your blog about Korean Rhinoplasty.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Nice and useful blog. I am very impressed from your blog.
    skin rx in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  47. You're so awesome! I do not believe I've truly read through anything like that before.
    So nice to discover another person with some unique thoughts on this issue.

    Really.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is
    one thing that's needed on the internet, someone with some originality!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment