Nobody wants to have pimples on their face. It feels like a bad day if pimples come out before any party or event. Pimples are common in adults and there are different ways to treat it but first, we should know, what causes pimples?
Pimples are usually caused by the blocking of tiny pores on the skin called hair follicles. Skin pores are blocked by dead cell, oil or bacteria. It's also caused by unbalanced hormones, Pregnancy, some cosmetic products, certain health conditions, medications, birth control pills or a diet high in refined sugar and carbohydrates.
When you have pimples, your skin produces so much sebum. Sebum in your face when mixes with dead cells cause follicles to be blocked.
Home Remedies For Pimples:
- If you have pimples then wash your face twice a day with a face wash that suits your skin. Try not to wash your face often, it won't change things and only make your skin drier.
- Tie your hair especially after applying oil in it. Oil and dirt in hair make hair follicles to clog in your skin.
- Properly cleanse your make up before going to bed. Don't use any cosmetic product older than 3 years and clean brushes each time after using it.
- Stop using any products on your face if they start giving breakouts. If you have dry skin then don't use any products that have benzoyl peroxide because it makes your skin drier.
- Avoid touching or cleaning your face because of sweats by hands. Always use tissue paper to wipe off any dirt or sweat.
- Aloe vera lotion is good in pimples treatment. It has antibacterial properties that avoid infecting acne wounds and it also quickly reduces swelling and redness.
- Mint oil helps in reducing irritation, itchiness and infection. It has antiseptic properties that reduce pimples on your face.
- Apple cider vinegar has numerous benefits. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that help to prevent acne or a pimple on your face. If you have pimples on your face then dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and clean your face with it twice a day. You can leave it for 20 minutes and wash your face with normal water after it.
For medication, it's best to check by a doctor. They check the type of pimples you have and figure out its cause. Usually, a doctor first prescribes topical treatments (which includes lotion, cream or gel) but if your acne or pimples are severe then they also prescribe antibiotics.
Topical treatment usually includes benzoyl peroxide so have a check with the doctor if you have dry skin because it may cause more dryness and irritation on your skin.
Prescribe medication for spots include topical retinoids, topical antibiotics, Azelaic acid, antibiotics tablets and isotretinoin tablets.
You have to take antibiotics for 6 to 8 weeks and sometimes in severe cases, you have to take it for 12 to 18 weeks.
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Rapid Clear Spot Treatment, 15 mlis easily available in the market and it's quite effective in dealing with pimples and spots so if you have mild pimples you can try it.