Skip to main content

How To Treat Oily Skin

When the skin shines and oil can be seen on the face after a few hours of washing the face then these are the signs of oily skin. Oily skin can also have blackheads, acne or large pores on the greasy part of the face. So, if you have an oily face and want to get rid of it then the following are the tips that can help you.

  
                               oily skin

Wash & Cleanse Your Skin:

For oily skin, it's recommended to wash your face twice a day with a face wash that suits oily skin. When you're going to buy facewash then check whether or not it is suitable for oily skin. Washing too often is also harsh on the skin so using face wash twice a day is just fine. Don't use soaps as most of them are alkaline in nature and can be harsh on the skin. Oily skin is prone to acne and dead skin cells so it's good to properly cleanse your face in the morning and use a scrub 2-3 times a week. Cleansing helps to clear clogged pores and remove excess sebum (natural oil of the skin) from the surface of the skin. Use a mild cleanser which is slightly acidic in nature. If you want to know about the 11 best cleansers then check the post on the 11 most effective cleansers for oily skin. After cleansing always use toner, it balances face PH and tightens skin pores.

Use A Good Moisturiser:

People think that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer which is a wrong concept. Oily skin also needs a moisturizer when it gets dehydrated but don't use oil for skin dehydration. Actually, both oily and dry skin needs moisturizing but the one that suits them. If you use the right moisturizer then it'll not harm your skin or won't make it shiny. Use a non-comedogenic moisturizer for oily skin. There are some best moisturizers for oily skin, you can check them in post Moisturizers for oily skin that will remedy excess shininess. Some moisturizers for oily skin, don't only control face shine but are also good for treating acne caused by oily skin.

Use Blotting Paper:

Bloating paper is very absorbent paper and it helps to soak extra oil from your skin. When you notice oil on your face, wipe it out with blotting paper. The blotting paper itself doesn't control the extra production of oil in your skin but it helps to remove excess oil and prevent pores from clogging though for acne you need treatment. It's good to pat your skin with blotting paper after applying any makeup or cream so it'll soak up extra oil from them and decreases the chances of a breakout.

Apply a Clay Mask On Your Skin:

There are a variety of clay masks available in the market. For oily skin, go for bentonite clay, green, brown or white clay. These clays contain important minerals and take impurities out of your skin's pores and absorb excess oil from your skin. First, wash the face with warm water or give steam to open pores then apply a clay mask, in this way clay gets well settled in the skin pores and then wash off the face with fresh water, once it gets dried out. Aztec clay is getting popular for its amazing healing benefits on the skin. I wrote a post on it you can check Aztec Clay Benefits On Skin. Aztec healing clay just not only absorbs impurities and sebum from the skin but also helps to lighten your skin colour.

Take A Proper Diet:

It's said that diet can cause acne. For people having oily skin, it's recommended to eat less saturated fats, dairy products, and refined carbohydrates. Dairy products have high testosterone which may imbalance your hormones and result in breakouts. Carbohydrates in processed foods can raise blood sugar levels and this may increase the production of sebum. Saturated fats increase the cholesterol level in your body thus increasing oil production on your face. It's better to add vegetables and fruits to your diet and drink plenty of water.

Note:

If you think it's caused by hormonal imbalance or it's genetic then it's better to take advice from a doctor, he/she may give you medicine and a suitable lotion that suits your skin type.


https://smeh-beautytips.blogspot.com
This content is copyright protected.

PIN IT:

oily skinoily skin





Comments

  1. As someone with oily skin, thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My skin is oily so it's very useful at times. I find oily skin better for day to day life (it is less wrinkled which become a thing when you realize you are 30) but from time to time it's great to have a better one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have an oily skin. Especially in summer. I will try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have an oily patch on my nose. But I find blotting paper very handy. Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was informative . I need to find clay mask for my skin and balance the diet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was used to have oily skin no anymore. It is really a pain so nice to know all the tips to better the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have oily skin when I was younger and clay masks were the best. I haven't had it for awhile now though, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and informative post. Although! Oily skin is least of concerns! I have a dry skin and it is a big issue. As suggested, a balanced diet could help me as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just have oily skin during summer so I do wash my face every time to avoid any pimple and black heads. :) Love all of your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not have oily skin but I know a lot of people who have this problem I will share your post for them

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have oily skin too and find blotting paper absolutely essential, especially when it is hot in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blotting paper has been a God send for me. I have combination skin and it can be a pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having a good diet is always an essential here if you are going to keep away from the oily skin. Never would have thought to use blotting paper though. I will have to show this to my daughter as she will be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even as a bloke I still use scrub every now and again. Works a treat. Feels great after....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have oily skin and clay masks do really help plus I am yet to get blotting paper which I heard works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to have oily skin. I can attest that the things you wrote down are effective

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great tips for people with oily skin. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for great tips. I struggle with oily skin. I never tried blotting paper. Will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love using blotting paper and keep them in my purse for those days when I feel a little more oily. Clay masks are also SOOO relaxing ;) I'll have to try the Aztec clay mask you recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community.

    Your website provided us with helpful info to work on. You have performed an impressive task and our
    entire group will probably be thankful to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment