Skip to main content

What is Double Cleansing for Your Face and How to Do it

What is Double Cleansing?

Double cleansing is a procedure to clean the face by using an oil cleanser and a water-based cleanser ( can be a foam cleanser or a non-foam cleanser). This method is especially beneficial for those who have some interaction in a polluted environment and who wear heavy makeup or SPF. People having oily skin or acne-prone skin can also use oil cleansers that are properly formulated. There are the 9 Best Oil Cleansers for Oily Skin that you can try.

Double Cleansing


Double Cleansing Benefits:

For a youthful look, double cleansing is best especially if you wear heavy makeup. Just washing the face won't help in removing all impurities from skin cells. Double cleansing, clears all the dead skin cells and rejuvenates the skin. It also gives an even tone to the skin and helps to brighten it. Most people do double cleansing in the evening after a busy day. This double cleansing prepares the skin for absorbing the essence, serum, and moisturiser deep into the cells, giving it a youthful look.

Double Cleansing Method:

Double Cleansing consists of two steps. Step one is to cleanse the face with an oil cleanser and step two is to cleanse the face with a water-based cleanser.

Step 1

Cleansing Face with an Oil Cleanser: 

Oil Cleansers clean makeup, suncream, and sebum from the skin. If you wear makeup then you need to clean your skin with an oil cleanser 2-3 times until you don't see makeup in the cotton pad. If you don't wear makeup then cleansing once is enough. It's a natural way to cleanse the skin and remove any impurities or debris from the face.

For cleansing with an oil cleanser, first, don't wash your face or hands with water. Apply a few drops of oil cleanser on the dry face and massage with fingertips in an upward circular motion. By gentle circular motion, the skin becomes warm and opens pores. This allows cleansing oil to go inside the pores and dissolve any makeup, dirt or oil.

After massaging with an oil cleanser, wet towel in warm water, squeeze extra water and cover the whole face. Dab face skin for a few seconds with a warm towel so it allows pores to open and oil cleanser goes inside the skin pores.

After 1 or 2 minutes of covering the face with a warm damp towel, clean the face. You can clean it with a damp towel or you can wash it with water. When you wash your face with water, the oil cleanser changes into a milky substance and you can give more face massage with it and then wash it with water to completely remove it.

You may feel a little oil on your face after cleansing which is fine for your skin moisturization. The next process is cleansing a face with a water-based cleanser.

The Face Shop Facial Cleanser, Natural Rice Water Light Cleansing Oil Moisturizer for Dry or Oily Skin - 150 mL /5 Oz is a nice cleanser for both oily and dry skin. It contains rice water which helps to tighten pores, reduce fine lines and brighten the skin.

Step 2

Cleanse Face with Water-Based Cleanser:

After the first step, some impurities are still left on the face. Water-Based Cleansers are used to remove any water-based impurities from the face such as sweat.

Apply water-based cleanser on damp face, gently massage for a minute and rinse face with normal water. Pad dry face with a soft towel.

These two steps completely cleanse the skin. This method first got famous in Japan and South Korea, and now its popularity also increases in North America and Europe. This double cleansing method is followed by other Korean skincare steps for a perfect result. 

[Neogen] Real Fresh Foam, Green Tea, contains green tea with antioxidants that help recover dull skin cells. It's 100% real fruit extract foam.

Related Posts;


Are you on Pinterest? I have a board on  'Beauty & Health Tips' that you may like. For updates, you can check my Facebook page 'Health & Beauty Tips'.


https://smeh-beautytips.blogspot.com
This content is copyright protected.
Pin It:

Double CleansingDouble Cleansing

Comments

  1. This is great! One time I cleaned my face to just find out it really was not all that clean. I am always looking for a good skin routine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..I had never heard about double cleansing before. I usually use only one method of cleansing at a time. I do oil cleansing only if I wear kajal. This is such a nice tip for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice guide. Thanks for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so aweful at washing my face at night and I can see the effects now of not doing it! I really need to start again and do the double!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over the last several months, I have really started prioritizing taking care of my skin and it is totally paying off! I wear less make-up every day (which I never really enjoyed putting on). This is a great guide :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! I do wear a lot of makeup, especially eye makeup. Might have to try this out with my routine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this guide! Especially the face washing portion. Saving this pin for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel sorry to my self because I skip the step of cleansing the face with an oil cleanser. I always use a water-based cleanser. I should start doing this step from tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely wash my face at night, but from reading about double cleansing, I think I need to start doing this routine. This was very informative as I've never heard of double cleansing before, only washing my face. Taking care of your skin is important, thank you for giving me the reminder that I need to make sure I take care of my skin. -Jessica Martin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well written article. I used to follow this once in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing Double Cleansing Benefits. Will add to routine. Keshia Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting guide! I need to start doing double cleansing, to make sure that I have removed all the impurities from my skin cells. Thank you for sharing this useful article, girl! - Ola @ WanderwithOla

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been looking for a good face cleansing routine. This is very helpful and very important as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never realized that you should use a water based cleanser after a cleansing oil. Thanks for the great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this. I didn't know I need to use an oil cleanser. It's time to up my beauty regimen and add this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’ve never heard of double cleansing before but it certainly makes sense. This post makes me feel like my face isn’t really clean! Hmm...,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for all this information on skin care. I want aware, this makes me want to take care more of my skin especially my face.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a really useful post with good tips for cleansing. I only ever use the water based one and now I know how to cleanse properly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, interesting. I just thought you would use the same wash twice but it wasn't. Water based cleanser sounds more hydrating on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very useful article specially those who are using heavy makeup. Thanks for sharing this useful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know about this cleansing method and it seems to do work well on the skin. I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment