Skip to main content

5 Amazing Turmeric Benefits That You Should Know

What is Turmeric?

Turmeric is a South Asian herb and a spice that is used for a variety of reasons. It can be used in our daily cooking as well as in cosmetic products. 

It's called Haldi in Urdu. It contains the compound curcumin which has so many benefits to our health. A pinch of Turmeric contains a good amount of magnesium, potassium and vitamin C. It may manage the stress level in the body and improve body immunity.

Turmeric

Turmeric Benefits On Skin:

Turmeric has numerous benefits for the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties and it helps in healing wounds. Turmeric kills bacteria on your skin and its mask reduces inflammation in the skin. Oxidative stress can cause acne and turmeric has antioxidant properties which may help to cure pimples or acne on your face. Turmeric can also help in reducing dark spots and uneven skin tone. It rejuvenates skin cells and makes your skin glow. Turmeric mask reduces dark circles, dry skin, and eczema and gives skin-soothing effects. You can see a good difference in your skin appearance after using the turmeric mask. Its antioxidant properties also slow the process of ageing and clear the skin. If you want to know about beauty products for beautiful skin that contains turmeric in it then check post 13 Best Products With Turmeric That Won't Stain Skin if you don't want to buy products then you can easily make a turmeric mask for your skin at home, read below to know how to make it.

Turmeric Mask:

Ingredients:

1/2 teaspoon turmeric
3-4 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoon flour or besan or ground oats

Method:

Mix all ingredients well and apply evenly on the skin. Leave it for 20 minutes or until it dries out then wash your face with warm water and pad dry. This mask contains all-natural ingredients that don't harm your skin and make it beautiful.

Turmeric Benefits On Hair:

Turmeric is beneficial for your hair too. Its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties help to treat dandruff and soothe the scalp's skin. A skin condition called Cicatricial alopecia damaged the scalp skin cells and stunts hair growth. Turmeric's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties fight Cicatricial alopecia and calm the skin. You can use a hair turmeric mask to improve hair growth.

Turmeric Hair Mask:

Ingredients:

5 tablespoon yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoon coconut oil

Method:

Mix all ingredients well and apply from hair roots to tip. Leave it for an hour then wash it with a good shampoo.

Health Benefits of Turmeric (Haldi):

Turmeric Benefits On Lowering Heart Disease:

Turmeric helps to lower the risk of heart disease. Strokes and heart attacks are caused by clogged arteries. Curcumin in turmeric may prevent heart arteries from clogging. It also reduces bad cholesterol levels in the body because of its antioxidant properties. If you have a higher level of bad cholesterol in the body then it leads to heart disease so adding turmeric to your diet may lower its risk.

Turmeric Benefits On Lowering The Chances Of Cancer:

Tumeric has also benefits in lowering the risk of cancer. There are different types of cancers. According to studies, it's showed that curcumin in turmeric works best in fighting cancerous cells on the skin, bowel, breast, and stomach. The compound curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and it helps in slowing or preventing the cells from inflammation caused by cancer.

Turmeric Benefits On Food Digestion:

Turmeric's anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce inflammation in the digestive system. It helps in digesting fat and removing toxins from your food. GERD is an inflammation caused by oxidative stress and turmeric can also treat it. Oxidative stress can cause different diseases and if you want to know how to treat it then check Oxidative Stress And Its Remedies. Turmeric soothes the intestine wall and boosts stomach mucous that lower the risk of GERD.  In some cases poor intestinal health results in weight gain so turmeric helps in maintaining a healthy intestine. It may also help with relieving stomach pain. A turmeric drink works well in bloating. This spice increase bile production thus encouraging healthy digestion by lowering cholesterol level.

Point to be noted...

You shouldn't overdose on the amount of turmeric. If you overdose on it then it may harm your body rather than benefit it. It can upset your stomach, give you nausea and can thin your blood. If you have sensitive skin then it may give irritation the skin. It's recommended to take 1-3 grams of turmeric per day. 1 teaspoon of turmeric is equal to 1 gram and 1 gram of turmeric contains 0.2 grams of curcumin.

Related Posts;

Why am I Always Tired?
Dark Chocolate Benefits for Skin, Hair, and Health 
3 Proven Benefits of Green Tea
What is Vitamin D-3 Benefits on your Skin, Hair & Health? (Cholecalciferol Benefits)
What Does Hemp Oil Do To Improve Your Skin, Hair And Health?
Does Sugar Affect Your Skin, Hair & Body? 5 Reasons Why Sugar is Bad for You

https://smeh-beautytips.blogspot.com
This content is copyright protected.
PIN IT:

TurmericTurmeric

Comments

  1. very informative article. I've heard about turmeric, but I didn't know how to use it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that turmeric has so many benefits upon our body. So amazing! Thanks for the great article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew they are so helpful. Great informative post and educative too. I got to learn so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using it as a mask I just hate how staining it can be so I am always adamant to doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hear about turmeric but I haven't tried it out yet. I really should! It sounds like it does a lot of good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a lot of turmeric in my cooking, every few days or so when I make something Asian. I do like it's flavour but I never knew it was so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these ideas! I had no idea that you could use it for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post especially the use of turmeric in digestion problems I will try it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turmeric sure is magical. But make sure you use organic turmeric or grind it at home to avoid lead

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been curious about turmeric shots. There are several that I have seen in the store available to drink as well as recipes to make at home. I think I need to buy or make one soon. Turmeric is clearly good for you in measured doses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turmeric looks to be a total body health booster. Having turmeric milk is also beneficial in treating joint and bone issues. There are lots of other benefits too. This list is going to be very big if we mention about all the benefits of turmeric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The aroma of turmeric gives me good boost! And the turmeric tea that I regular drink gives me a good glow as well. I will try to wear it as a face mask.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what an informative article! Apparently there are so many benefits for our body that even include lowering the chances of cancer! Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was watching a video yesterday about tumeric and now I’m reading your article. This must be a sign haha! I definitely want to try some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I never knew about this before and its a good thing I dropped by over here and was able to learn something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard that Tumeric has so many different great uses. I really need to increase the use in more things in my life. There are such great benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Informative article. Turmeric is used for Beauty and health purpose for centuries.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Turmeric is a very great herb indeed! A friend used to drink it for her allergy for the cold and it significantly reduced. So I vouch for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I keep tumeric in my home. I want to use it for hair masks in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I swear by haldi for cough and cold. I drink it with milk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment