Skip to main content

Homemade Hair Mask for Dry & Damaged Hair

Hair has always been associated with engaging quality and beauty. In this post, you know about a hair mask that can stop hair fall and improve hair growth. Everyone, men or women, dreams of healthy beautiful hair but those dreams are hard to accomplish without care. Thinning hair or hair falling out can be a concern, however, this isn't impossible to have shiny and smooth hair but following a routine is essential. The below recipe can help anyone in nourishing hair follicles and maintain a healthy scalp. This recipe benefits all unless having an underlying health condition.

Table of Content



Hair Mask Recipe

Ingredients

Amla Oil - 300 ml
Castor Oil - 1 cup
Vitamin E Oil - 2 Tb spoons
Fenugreek Seeds Powder - 2 Tb spoons
Onion Seed - 4 Tb spoons
Curry Leaves - 10 to 15 leaves

Hair Mask Benefits

Amla Oil for Hair

Amla oil is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants (Flavonoids and Polyphenols). Vitamin C in Amla oil encourages collagen formation which is vital for hair growth while antioxidants neutralise free radicals to keep hair healthy and prevent hair loss.

Amla in the hair mask improves hair strength and conditions hair from tips to roots. It makes hair darker and penetrates deep into the hair. It dissolves debris from the follicles and makes an unfavourable environment for flakes on the scalp.

Castor Oil Benefits for Hair

Castor oil has multifarious hair benefits. It controls hair fall by improving follicles and scalp health. 90% of castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that nourishes hair roots and fillips its growth.

Castor oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties that are effective in treating underline conditions such as oily scalp and itchiness. Ricinoleic acid balances scalp PH which inhibits flaky skin.

Pesky split ends are formed when hair loses its strength. Castor oil improves hair tensile strength and lowers the chances of dry hair and split ends.

It works as a natural conditioner as it penetrates the outer hair layer and smoothes the frizzy hair by filling damaged Keratin spots. It makes hair thicker and more robust.

It protects hair from environmental and chemical damage. Fatty acid in castor oil forms a protective layer around the hair giving them a natural shine and weight.

Vitamin E Oil for Hair

Free radicals break down hair follicle cells that result in hair loss. Vitamin E oil is enriched antioxidants that reduce the number of free radicals on the scalp and give healthy shiny hair. For more details, check the post Vitamin E Benefits for Hair.

Fenugreek Seeds Powder for Hair

Fenugreek seeds have been used in hair treatment for a long and it works amazingly on thin hair. It's a herb that makes hair thicker and stronger. It slows the process of hair fall as it's composed of high protein, healthy fats, iron, zinc, and nicotinic acid (which play a vital role in slowing hair fall and treating dandruff). It gives hair a natural shine and strengthens its roots.

Onion Seeds or Black Seeds Hair Benefits

Onion seeds have antifungal properties that help in calming the itchy scalp. Many essential oils are good for hair growth and onion seeds have 5% essential oil content - known as Allium Cepa. It contains eight of the nine essential amino acids. Onion seeds goodness in the mask nourishes hair and stops hair fall. The antioxidants in onion seeds prevent premature hair greying and rejuvenate dull dry hair.

Curry Leaves Benefit for Hair

Curry leaves are packed with beta-carotene and protein. These leaves are also enriched in amino acids and antioxidants. The nutrition in curry leaves helps in hair growth and treats dandruff by removing dead hair follicles. Curry leaves can reverse grey hair by restoring melanin pigments thus making hair dark again.

Homemade Hair Mask Method

  • Take a pot, and put Amla oil (300 ml) in it.
  • If someone's hair is very thin, they can also add 1 cup of Castor oil to the pot. 
  • Now add Onion seeds (4 Tb spoons), Fenugreek seeds powder (2 Tb spoons) and Curry leaves (10-15 leaves) in the pot and gently fry them on low heat for 10-15 minutes. 
  • After 10-15 minutes all the ingredients' goodness comes into the oil. 
  • Allow the mixture to cool and then extract seeds and leaves by a sieve from the oil in a bottle.
  • In the end, add 2 Tb spoons of Vitamin E oil in it. Store it at room temperature. 

Massage this mask with fingertips in a circular motion for a few minutes so as to increase blood circulation in the scalp and leave it for at least an hour to absorb well in hair and scalp. Wash hair with mild shampoo and conditioner. This method provides essential nutrients to the hair follicles and encourages fast hair growth. Use this mask twice a week for a better result.


Keep in mind that male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness, PCOS hair loss, thinning crown, or bald patches on the head can be caused by underlying health conditions or can be genetic. Receding hairline in men is common so discuss these issues with the doctor for a better understanding of the condition. Also, in recent years, the Science of Dermatology and Hair Restoration became quite advanced so one can also look for alternative hair restoration treatments.

Related Posts

Vitamin B12 Benefits; How Vitamin B12 Can Help You Live A Better Life
Dark Chocolate Benefits for Skin, Hair, and Health 
What Does Hemp Oil Do To Improve Your Skin, Hair And Health?



https://smeh-beautytips.blogspot.com
This content is copyright protected.

Pin It:



Comments

  1. I will have to try these out. I do have rather dry hair so I'll see if these can help with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for sure an unusual hair mask recipe, I haven't heard about using curry leaves of fenugreek in beauty before. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really needed this! Thank you so much for sharing. My hair has suffered so much from this lockdown because I can't even get out to get a decent hair dye & I always think my hair is healthier when it's darker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things that I need to try on my hair. I need to try a hair mask

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll totally have to try these out. I've been experimenting with my hair lately and definitely need some help. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I definitely need this right now! I have been wearing my hair up everyday for the last 6 weeks and not treating it as well as I used to. I will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like it would be great! I'm a hair dye addict (clearly, I obviously wasn't born with teal hair like I have in the picture) and that can be really hard on my hair. The next time that I'm getting ready to dye my hair, I'm going to take some time to do this hair mask first - give my hair a chance to recuperate a bit. Between bleaches and dyes, it could probably use it (although it is surprisingly healthy for all that I put it through lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this! My hair is in desperate need of a cut. At least I can get these things from amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard such great things about castor oil for hair. Love this recipe for a hair mask using it! I took fenugreek pills to help breastfeed...does it make your hair smell like maple syrup too??? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much useful information in here that I really did find interesting. I am looking forward to trying these out to see how I go. Thank you for putting this post together and I hope I see a positive difference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hair is very dry. I really would love to try this, but I am not sure where to get all of the ingredients. I will start looking online.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a super dry and damaged hair! perhaps, it's time for me to try this one! Thanks for sharing... <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. The very type of thing to try while quarantined at home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where would I find Fenugreek Seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really informative post. Since lock down my hair has been falling a lot. I am going to try the 'recipe'

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will have to give this a try! I dont use to many hair masks but i am willing to try anything that will help my damaged hair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know curry leaves work.
    We had a lot of them in our farm.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I have never tried a hair mask before. I would love to make this! I have to see where I can find curry leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have known about vitamin E oil for so many years and I don't seem to hear much about it in the last 2-3 years. I have never heard of onion seeds at all and never realised that curry leaves are great for hair care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have extremely thick hair and I often use hair masks. I am going to try these tips out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I recently cut a lot of my hair off but it was down to my waist and I can attest to the benefits of hair masks and oils! They work wonders. I'll have to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lot of people nowadays are looking for a good and nice hair. These are great options and will recommend it to the family by sharing this post. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I definitely need to try this hair mask! My hair is super dry and damaged and I have been working on getting it back to healthy again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so required for me currently. My hair seems to be going through a trauma right now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you very much and the ingredients are easy to find.
    Does this work for all hair types?.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Castor oil does wonders for the hair, there was a time when I wanted to grow my hair after cutting it and I was told that it works so I did. Would love to try the rest of the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hairfall is really one of my problems. Probably because of hair coloring and stuff. This post is really a great help! Just hoping there are alternatives for some of the ingredients here in the Philippines ��

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this homemade hair mask recipe. The infographic was helpful and visually informative. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely loved reading this! I'm HUGE on haircare and do a hair mask at least once a week - I'll definitely give this one a go! x
    Marina Rosie x
    https://www.marinawriteslife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. ok now is the perfect. time to try this, i am going to. try this asap <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. I will DEFINITELY try this. I need some of these bad lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. no hair here but bookmarked this to show to wifey as these are great hair tips, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  33. My hair is a mess these days. I can't wait to try this hair mask!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fenugreek seeds looks new for me. Will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I do enjoy a good hair mask. My hair always feels so much healthier. Have you ever tried putting Vitamin E on your hair and wrapping your hair with a hot towel from the dryer?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love DIY hair masks! I can't wait to try it out 😍

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love to try making a hair mask. Sounds like a great way to condition my hair, and I like knowing what exactly is in my hair products.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I miss a good hair care! I hope to make one soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have heard about hair masks before but have never done a treatment on my hair before. It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Castor Oil & Vitamin E Oil are great for your hair. I am going to do this in the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  41. A very unique recipe for mask, Haven't tried but definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I neede something like this since some time. I will try this in an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I need to try this Hair Mask Recipe! It contains such great products!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Finally I found a homemade hair mask to try. Will definitely try this hair mask recipe for my curly hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment